What to expect after CoolSculpting procedure
At once after the procedure
- After the CoolSculpting procedure, you should not expect any recovery period. You can go back to your job after the procedure and you can do your exercises and everyday activities.
- The area that was treated may feel stiff but this is normal and it can disappear in 10 minutes.
- The area treated can suffer from some redness for 20 minutes after the applicator has been removed.
- Vacuum pressure may cause tenderness and bruising at touch. When this takes place, it will resolve in a few weeks.
- You can feel different sensations in the treated areas, this is expected and it can resolve in a few hours. For some people this may take up to 8 weeks to disappear.
In a few days or weeks of the procedure
- There is mild redness at the treated area and it can last from a few minutes to some hours. This is a temporary effect that is caused by the procedure. There are some patients who may suffer some severe or persistent redness. This will improve gradually in a few days. You should contact the doctor at once if you suffer from redness, swelling and pain that worsens instead of getting better.
- It is common to have bruises on the treated area for some weeks of the procedure. You should contact the doctor when the bruising lasts for more than one month and the bruise starts to worsen in two weeks.
- After a few weeks of the procedure, you will see gradual reduction in thickness of the fat cells layer. You can achieve remarkable reduction in four months.
After the procedure remember to
- Schedule a follow up visit with the doctor to review your results.
- Prevent more weight gain after the procedure and ensure that you are maintaining a healthy diet and you exercise regularly.
- During the follow up visit, the doctor will assess your results and recommend that you undergo more CoolSculpting if the results are not up to standards.
- If you do not follow the right exercise habits and diet, you may end up redeveloping more fat cells in the area that has been treated.